Simple Answer: YES! Get the Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker.
As a mom who is rarely in photos, having the Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker was a blessing. I mean really—the Christmas card options were endless. The price was right for the number of photos (endless) you can get. If you are normally the one behind the camera OR you just can’t seem to get a good shot of your kids, the Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker is 100% worth the money. Why you ask? Here’s a few reasons I found on my first visit to Walt Disney World.
Table of Contents
Why you need the Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker
- You don’t have to carry your big camera. We all want amazing pictures of our kids meeting Disney characters and our phones can’t always cut it. Leave the dSLR at home when you buy the Disney Memory Maker.
- Christmas Card photos. Seriously, the options are endless when you are looking for a Christmas card photo of your family. You may have to wait a few minutes for that iconic shot of Walt and Mickey in front of Cinderella’s castle with you and your kids, but your friends will be green with envy that you got that shot.
- Star Wars. I’m not sure I need to say more if you and your kids love all things Star Wars. Give Chewie a hug and cringe away from Kylo Ren as you get the whole family interacting and posing with these two characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Just don’t try to stop the Stormtroopers. They aren’t allowed to pause in their patrol.
- Your phone battery won’t die. If you are snap happy like me, you drain your phone battery often. Unless you are buying yourself a portable charger or a phone case with an extra battery (I love the Tech21 Evo Endurance), you will have no battery when you are trying to meet up with your kids, friends or spouse at the end of the day.
- It’s the one souvenir you will actually cherish and not lose. You’ll buy t-shirts, BB-8 mugs, and more Disney stuff than you ever thought you would need, but those beautiful, professionally shot photos are what will keep the memories of your trip alive for years to come.
How do you get a Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker?
It’s simple. You can buy it at any Disney resort hotel, in the park, online at MyDisneyExperience.com or on the My Disney Experience App. Go for the unlimited plan so you don’t have to worry about downloads. You can download photos and apps directly from your phone or the website for up to a month after your trip.
How do you use your Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker?
The Disney photographers are pretty easy to find, especially around major attractions. Use your Disney MagicBand to link any photos a Disney photographer takes of you and your family to your account. If you have multiple families and friends traveling together, you can all scan your Disney MagicBand so the photo goes into your account. You can also find photographer locations on the Disney park maps. Just look for the tiny icon of a camera on a tripod and you are good to go.
When it comes down to the price, you really can’t get a better souvenir. You have spent so much on tickets, hotels, parking, games, and other souvenirs, so why skimp out on the most important one? You will still take photos of your own, but I promise that you will love those Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker photos the most when you get home and start downloading, sending them to your friends and family, and especially when you just need ONE photo of everyone smiling for your holiday card. I got mine with Chewie. Who will you grab your photo with at Walt Disney World this year?
Have you used a Disney PhotoPass?
Tell us about your favorite photograph!
Many thanks to the team at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration for the Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker to test out for the purposes of review. As always, my opinions are my own. When they aren’t you will be the first to know.
Mickey Photo via Disney World