Hostels are not my go-to family accommodation. I like a certain sense of luxury when I’m dragging my kids around the globe. However, Athens Studios may be the exception to that rule.
First of all, this hotel is an eight-minute walk from the Acropolis and just down the street from the Acropolis Museum. Several local artists shops are on the same block, the best bakery in Athens is around the corner, and fantastic coffee is within a five-minute walk of the hotel.
OK, so yes, this is a technically a hostel. And yes, there are dorm style rooms, but Athens Studios is filled with one-bedroom apartments that can easily house a family of four or five. You will also have a kitchen, which can save you money, although a very simple breakfast is included in the price of your room.
Better yet, the price is right on point for budget-conscious families looking to stay in one of the best locations in the city. The top reason to head to Athens (besides the food) is the Acropolis, and even the youngest toddlers can make the trek up to this bastion of ancient Greek culture.
Table of Contents
ATHENS STUDIO ROOMS
- Separate twin beds plus dresser/wardrobe
- Bathroom with shower (shower curtain), toilet and sink
- Free WiFi access (not fabulous, but you can get emails and check social media)
- Kitchen with mini fridge, sink and stove top
- No toiletries provided
- Towels changed out every 2-3 days
- Extra blankets are available
- A/C and heat in each unit
- Balconies (size varies by room location)
TIP: Request Studio 14, which has a massive balcony to relax on and views of the Acropolis.
Athens Studios standard rooms
The more hotel-room side of Athens Studios looks to have been more recently renovated than the Athens Studios apartments next door. Hotel rooms, with no separate bedroom, are located directly above reception and offer many of the same amenities as the apartments.
- Twin and full beds available
- Bathroom with glass shower stall
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen with mini fridge, sink and stove top.
- Balconies vary by room location
- A/C and heat in each room
Check the best prices and availability at Athens Studios now!
- Small elevator (fits two adults or one adult with luggage)
- Free luggage storage (or paid locker storage that can hold suitcases more securely- recommended)
- Free WiFi in public areas as well as rooms
- Computer and printer are available in the reception area to check email and print boarding passes.
- Staff speaks English
- Only one key will be given per room unless you ask for a second key
Breakfast is included with your stay and includes fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, a wedge of feta cheese, hard boiled egg and fresh roll. There is a small refrigerator with yogurts, water, juice, beer and wine for sale to round out your meal.
Fish Café. Breakfast is served at the Fish Café, but your free morning coffee and tea can be picked up at the Athens Sports Bar next door. Drip coffee is included in your breakfast, or you can order an espresso drink for a fee. Portable heaters are set up outside in cooler months so you can sit and enjoy your meal al fresco year round. You can also sit inside the bar next door if you would rather eat inside though. Lunch and dinner options include sandwiches, burgers, fish and chips, and fries. Drinks can be picked up at the bar next door.
Athens Sports Bar. A great place to order a drink before you head out for dinner or to unwind with friends after a long day. Cocktails, beer, wine and prosecco are all offered, and there are portable heaters outside if you choose to sit at one of the picnic tables. Indoor seating is also available.