Recently I heard a Disney representative speak at a conference and she gave a down and dirty Walt Disney World itinerary. If you have a week, this is for you. This is how you see every park at Walt Disney World with kids (or without) in six days, including Disney Springs. I’ve taken her (a Disney expert!) suggestions and added in a few of our favorite Disney sites too.
If you have extra time, you can head back into the parks for more shows, character meet and greets, ride your favorite roller coaster again, or book a special dining experience.
When you are short on time, or want downtime at the pool back at your hotel, this will work wonders for you. Seriously. This itinerary is a sprint, make no mistake, and you will want to have your magicbands close. If you are determined to do it all though, you can do it. Just don’t forget to stretch and hydrate first.
If you have less time, check out our 3 Days in Disney World itinerary.
Table of Contents
- 1 6-Day Walt Disney World Itinerary
- 2 Day 1: ARRIVAL DAY
- 3 Day 2: Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Full Day)
- 4 Day 3: Epcot (half day + night)
- 5 DAY 4: MAGIC KINGDOM (FULL DAY)
- 6 Day 5- Disney Hollywood Studios
- 7 Day 6- Disney Springs (departure day option too)
- 8 WHERE TO STAY IN DISNEY WORLD WITH KIDS
- 9 Orlando Destination Guide
6-Day Walt Disney World Itinerary
Day 1: ARRIVAL DAY
- Typhoon Lagoon
Day 2: Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Full Day)
- Animal encounters
- Broadway style shows (The Lion King!)
- Expedition Everest (day or night)
- Pandora the World of Avatar
- Kilimanjaro Nighttime Safari
- Rivers of Light (check out our preview video!)
- End with a quick view of the Tree of Life
Grab discounted Disney World tickets HERE
Day 3: Epcot (half day + night)
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Fast Track
- Turtle Talk with Crush (great for younger kids!)
- Meet Anna and Elsa at the Royal Summer Huus
- Ride Frozen Ever After in Norway
- Progressive dinner through the World Showcase
- Illuminations Reflections of Earth Show (nights)
Disneyland vs. Disney World? You decide!
DAY 4: MAGIC KINGDOM (FULL DAY)
- Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour (a 5-hour walking tour- hits all the classic attractions like Dumbo and the Jungle Cruise)
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Fair stage show (various times throughout the day)
- Festival of Fantasy Parade (see all the princesses in one place!)
- Once Upon a Time projection show (night)
- Happily Ever After fireworks show (night)
Read more about the DAS Pass
Day 5- Disney Hollywood Studios
- Meet Frozen’s Olaf
- Go to the Frozen Sing-A-Long (even dads will laugh)
- Toy Story Mania ride
- Tower of Terror (older kids and adults)
- Star Wars: read our full guide to all things Disney Hollywood Studios Star Wars
- Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular (night show)- iconic scenes from the films using projections and pyrotechnics
Day 6- Disney Springs (departure day option too)
- Watch a movie
- Grab a bite with friends
- Get some mom time shopping
Don’t miss a minute of Orlando fun!
Grab your Disney World tickets HERE.
WHERE TO STAY IN DISNEY WORLD WITH KIDS
There are a lot of options when staying on property and even more when you stay off property during your visit with Walt Disney World with kids. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort (read the TripAdvisor review)
- Animal Kingdom Lodge (read the TripAdvisor review)
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-Riverside (read the TripAdvisor review)
Don’t forget to read our guide to the best Disney World hotels for children on the autism spectrum too!
Orlando Destination Guide
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort: Disney adventures await. The resort features a pool, free Wi-Fi, and Disney magic.
- Wyndham Garden Orlando: This resort includes a free shuttle to parks. Pets are allowed and parking and Wi-Fi is included.
- Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort: Family friendly resort located near major parks. There’s something for everyone with a waterpark, fitness center, indoor play area, and bar.
Looking for more? Search the best hotels in Orlando on Booking.com.