Fall flavors come together when you combine a seasonal favorite like butternut squash, grapes and cranberries with protein packed quinoa for the perfect main dish salad that also makes for a great appetizer.
2 cups of Butternut Squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 cup of red grapes
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup of Quinoa (washed)
2 cups of chicken broth (low sodium)
1/4 cup Feta cheese
* for even more flavor, add 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar + 1/2 sautéed onion
1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
2. Combine butternut squash, 1/2 tsp of salt + paper in a bowl
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour butternut squash onto baking sheet, making sure you space out squash into one layer. Bake for 40 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, place tomatoes and grapes on a small baking sheet. 15 minutes before squash is finished, place tomatos and grapes into the oven. Cook until tomatoes begin to wrinkle and grapes are bursting.
5. Cook quinoa according to directions, using chicken broth instead of water. Let cool.
6. Combine all ingredients in large bowl, topping with cranberries and feta cheese. Serve warm.
Keryn is a freelance writer and digital influencer. Her work has been featured in Thrillist, Travelocity, and other publications looking for authentic, well-written content. She is also the founder of WalkingOnTravels.com, a site for the active, adventurous parent.