Redondo Beach is the perfect destination to welcome in the holidays and get into the spirit. This beautiful beach town off the Pacific Coast Highway, and just southwest of Los Angeles has a slew of fantastic holiday cheer to spread, including some annual traditions and excellent food.
Check out all the incredible things to do in Redondo beach throughout the holidays when you live or are visiting California.
Holiday Stroll in Riviera Village
- Address: 1799 S. Catalina Ave, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Second Week of December 5 pm to 9 pm (usually the 2nd Thursday)
The Riviera Village Holiday Stroll is perfect for grabbing all the gifts you might need for this holiday season. There will be lights, holiday music, Santa, the Grinch, hot cocoa, wine, freebies and even surprises for all who attend.
Bring the kids and your fur-babies for a magical way to kick off the Christmas season. And don’t miss the periodic snowfall that happens near the center of the stroll. It’s one of my kids favorite things to experience since we don’t get much snow (or any) in SoCal.
If you want to ride the carousel, go EARLY. The line up can get intense.
The same goes for if you want to sit down at a restaurant to eat. Make a reservation as soon as possible. We have gotten lucky with last minute seatings, but also turned away from many restaurants that are booked up.
Holiday Concert on the Pier
- Address: Fisherman’s Wharf, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Second Saturday in December, 2 pm to 4 pm
The Holiday Concert on the Pier is the perfect treat for the entire family. This free event is from 2 pm to 4 pm at Fisherman’s Wharf and has more than just live music.
The family can enjoy activity books, a charity toy drive (please bring an unwrapped gift), a holiday selfie station, and giveaways.
Debbie Allen’s The Hot Chocolate Nutcracker
- Address: Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, 1935 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: First OR Second weekend in December from 7:30 pm to 9:45 pm
The Hot Chocolate Nutcracker will take you on a journey through lands of wonder and adventure. Before each matinee performance, you can join Debbie Allen for a story and tea, plus photos with the cast members. Head to their website to secure your tickets ASAP as this is a wildly popular event in Redondo as well as the greater Los Angeles area.
Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
- Address: Shade Hotel Redondo Beach, 655 North Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: First Friday in December from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Join the Shade Hotel Redondo Beach community for their annual Christmas Tree Lighting. This favorite winter event will bring merriment to anyone who attends, plus you’ll get hot cocoa, s’mores, and you can listen to carolers while you wait.
Santa will make an appearance and bring the snow with him. The tree lighting will happen at 4:45 pm, so get there early.
Charlie Brown Christmas Party & Concert
- Address: Riviera United Methodist Church, 375 Palos Verdes Blvd, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: First Sunday in December, 4 pm to 6:30 pm
The Riviera UMC will hold their holiday tradition of dancing, laughing, and watching a performance of music made famous by the Charlie Brown television special.
Arrive early so you can enjoy festive treats and a crafts table. All the fun begins at 4 pm with the concert starting at 5 pm.
- Address: Sonesta Redondo Beach and Marina, 300 N Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Last Friday in December from 6 pm to 9 pm (check website to confirm)
Grab your friends and family and learn how to paint a beautiful Christmas Cabin. A special cuisine will be made just for this class, with red and white wine available for purchase.
The class is $45 per person, and it’s suitable for kids around the age of 15.
- Address: Redondo Beach Public Library, 303 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Third Friday in December 4 pm to 5 pm
The whole family is welcome to join the Redondo Beach Public Library for a holiday storytime.
Each guest will receive a special gift at the end of their story time, and make sure you get there early since there is only room for 50 guests.
More Christmas activities at Redondo Beach Public Library
Check the library website (above) for even more activities and events throughout the holiday season.
- Teen Program – Build A Gingerbread House in Redondo Beach
- Block Party for 0-5 year olds in Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Fire Department Storytime with Chief Yang in Redondo Beach
Redondo Beach King Harbor Christmas Boat Parade
- Address: Moonstone Park, 280 Marina Way, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Second Saturday in December 5:30 pm
Santa and his elves will be headed to Redondo Beach for their annual Christmas Boat Parade. The harbor will light up with boats as they float down the marina and sparkle so everyone can enjoy the holiday cheer.
The parade can be seen from numerous restaurants near the harbor (make your reservations early for the best seats) and Moonstone Park.
“Cruise At The Beach!” Annual Christmas Car & Bike Show
- Address: 245 N Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Second Saturday in December, 12 pm to 6 pm
Cruise at the Beach is an annual car and bike show at the Redondo Beach Marina. Head down to this free event to look at vintage cars and bikes, plus you can get a t-shirt and goodie bag.
Christmas Tree Lighting
- Address: St Lawrence Martyr, 1940 S Prospect Ave, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Second Friday in December, 6 pm
Join the congregation of St Laurence Martyr for their annual tree lighting ceremony. There will be food, fun, and tamale that everyone can enjoy. The Christmas magic will begin at 6 pm, and all are welcome.
Kris Kringle Regatta — ASMBYC
- Address: King Harbor Yacht Club, 280 Yacht Club Way, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: First Saturday in December, 1pm-6pm
The King Harbor Yacht Club will once again be hosting their annual Christmas Regatta– the Kris Kringle Regatta. Come to the yacht club to watch an incredible rowing performance that will help get everyone feeling a little more energized as we head into the holidays.
Debbie and Jeff’s Christmas Tree Lot
- Address: 411 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Late November through December
Debbie and Jeff’s Christmas Tree Lot will offer free admission with no reservation needed to grab your perfect tree. They open in October with pumpkins, and welcome all to come and search for the tree that will bring them the most joy come Thanksgiving and December.
James Catholic Church Holiday Boutique
- Address: St James Catholic Church, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: First weekend in December, 9am-3pm
St James Catholic Church is the perfect spot to tackle your Christmas list and all of your holiday shopping needs. Find jewelry, scarves, bags, knitted goods, and more to help mark everyone off your list.
Catholic Daughters will provide food, and the event is open from 9 am to 3 pm.
- Address: Kings Harbor Brewing Company, 2907 182nd St, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Tuesday before Christmas, 6 pm to 9 pm
Join the Kings Harbor Brewing Company to help support families in need. They will have homemade tamales, rice, and beans to enjoy while you wrap donated gifts. Santa’s will be assigned to families; you can check their social media for more information.
Kensington Redondo Beach OPen House: There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays
- Address: 801 S Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: December 8 from 11 am to 1 pm
The Kensington Redondo Beach welcomes all to their open house for a holiday brunch and open house. You’ll spend time with caregivers and seniors to help celebrate the holidays and lend a hand where needed.
Their doors are open to make the season a little brighter and help the elderly feel a little more love over the holidays.
Letters to Santa
- Address: South Bay Galleria, 1815 Hawthorne Blvd, Redondo Beach CA
- Date: Christmas Eve, 11 am to 7 pm
The South Bay Galleria has a cottage mailbox waiting for your personalized letter to Santa to be dropped off. You can get a blank envelope from guest services so you can write your very own letter to Santa.
Redondo Beach is the perfect place to celebrate the holidays with your friends, family, and loved ones. Take the time to celebrate and give a helping hand if you can to those who might be lonely throughout the holidays.